yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I also note that the brochure now says 'S start stop button' as standard equipment...?

Is this the ignition button? Has anyone had this on their new car?

Just been to sign, picking up on Wednesday!

I also note that the brochure now says 'S start stop button' as standard equipment...?

I'll have it (due to ordering Advanced Key), but I have to say when I was peering through the windows yesterday I didn't notice it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuku
By "lights on the exterior handles", do you mean "Audi Beam" (the projection of either "Quattro" or the "Audi Rings") which is actually under the door?

This seems to be a point of contention at the moment, both the pricelist and the brochure list Audi-Beam as standard fit on the S3, but many cars are turning up without them fitted, and dealers are claiming that they aren't standard fit.

Fortunately I've got copies of the literature just in case they get pulled. As far as I'm concerned I'll be getting the advertised spec from the date I ordered the car, regardless of what has changed in the interim.

Thanks Paradigital

Well on there Website for the Standard Specification for the S3 Black Edition it says the following -

"LED Interior Lighting Pack - In addition to the standard interior lighting: - Illuminated vanity mirrors - Illuminated cup holders - Illuminated door sills, front - Courtesy lighting on the exterior door handles for easy entry and exit in the dark - Ambient lighting in the centre console - Lighting for footwells - Reading lights - Active door reflectors"

Just explained this to MK Audi and them seem a bit unsure .... as it in fact says this on the website but then doesn't go on to mention it in the order form......

So just wondered if anyone else has the Exterior door handle lights on their new S3?

But MK have confirmed with me that the Puddle light is standard on the S3

Many thanks,

DAN_G... what page was that on???

thanks,

32e0e4565bca84e67f988015e30b77e7.jpg

It's on the website, not brochure, apologies.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Pretty sure the external handle lighting is a mistake. No sign of anyone mentioning it on their cars despite it being in the original brochure since the FL came out. Not much point complaining, it's just a typo error.

oh no not complaining .... just making sure it is a typo...

Just been to sign, picking up on Wednesday!

I'll have it (due to ordering Advanced Key), but I have to say when I was peering through the windows yesterday I didn't notice it.

It's to the left hand side of the gear stick and has a red ring around it (specific to the S3). It has a nice clicky press, unlike the TT which was soft.

I think they mean the door handles INSIDE the cabin are illuminated so you can see them in the dark.

No, I don't think they do mean that because that wouldn't help a jot with entry to the car. It's an error, plain and simple :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone see any ships leaving from Emden to Tyne? :coldsweat: This is the worst part, I can't take anymore of this waiting game :smirkcat:

cheers for that, i'm a tool as i was on that site but couldn't see anything from emden!

It's just the excitement of your new arrival.... it turns your head to mush! Lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Darroch

This just refers to the button to turn the stop/start system off, it was always listed in the brochure.

just picked my S3 up today but no Start/Stop button as it comes with the Advanced key, if its a standard feature it will list an "S" on the option the dot means its an option.

chuffed with my new car but i guess i will have to leave here and i must say i will miss the anticipation this place built up for me. il post some pics if anyone is interested - the virtual cockpit is awesome btw.

good luck guys its worth the wait!

Reactions: Gordo77
cheers for that, i'm a tool as i was on that site but couldn't see anything from emden!

Nope, you're not. It wasn't there earlier mate.
I've been checking their website ever since @Gordo77 gave us the link.
But, yours and my wifes cars are at Status 38 but mine is still 30, so mine might have a longer wait

Reactions: Gordo77
Nope, you're not. It wasn't there earlier mate.
I've been checking their website ever since @Gordo77 gave us the link.
But, yours and my wifes cars are at Status 38 but mine is still 30, so mine might have a longer wait

That's strange! This could be the ship though :friends:have faith that the tracking for your car is wrong and that you'll be on it with me and the TT!

Reactions: Gordo77 and Audi Bairn
My car has been on a train to the port, since last Friday.

Does Southern Rail run a franchise in Germany?

Still no sign of mine even having arrived at the port. Getting bored now, might just tell them to stick it and get something else that has a chance of turning up be for the oil runs out.

African Highway has again left Emden, but is now Grimsby bound.

I had hoped it would return to Sheerness as it seems mine just missed out on its last journey.

It's likely mine is going to be pushed back a week or so now as I don't see any other ships frequenting that route. Best bet is for African Highway's next journey to be one to Sheerness, which might happen this side of the weekend if I'm lucky.

African Highway has again left Emden, but is now Grimsby bound.

I had hoped it would return to Sheerness as it seems mine just missed out on its last journey.

It's likely mine is going to be pushed back a week or so now as I don't see any other ships frequenting that route. Best bet is for African Highway's next journey to be one to Sheerness, which might happen this side of the weekend if I'm lucky.

I feel your pain, I thought my car was on the African Highway to be dropped off in Sheerness, but is still listed as "on its way to the UK" so they must have forgotten to unload it and it's on its way to Grimsby following a round trip to Emden.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Macman80
So annoying car flew every stage as planned but is now stuck in Grimsby.... grrrrr

Anyhow random taxing question. If car was collected this wkend assuming it ever arrives would the car tax for 12 months run out end of Oct 17 or end of Sept 17?

Presume picking up on 1st Nov would mean tax run out date 31st Oct '17?

So annoying car flew every stage as planned but is now stuck in Grimsby.... grrrrr

Anyhow random taxing question. If car was collected this wkend assuming it ever arrives would the car tax for 12 months run out end of Oct 17 or end of Sept 17?

Presume picking up on 1st Nov would mean tax run out date 31st Oct '17?

If it's taxed in October then it will run out end of September 2017 as they only work on whole months I think.

... and taxing on 1st Nov will run through to end of October.

Reactions: Kuku and Audi Bairn
If it's taxed in October then it will run out end of September 2017 as they only work on whole months I think.

... and taxing on 1st Nov will run through to end of October.

Yup, whole months only I'm afraid.
Got my last car on 17th January, tax runs out 31st Dec.

Reactions: Kuku
That's strange! This could be the ship though :friends:have faith that the tracking for your car is wrong and that you'll be on it with me and the TT!

Mine went up to Status 38 overnight. Just need to squeeze it onto City of Sunderland leaving for Tyne shortly :blink:

Reactions: Gordo77 and Darroch
I feel your pain, I thought my car was on the African Highway to be dropped off in Sheerness, but is still listed as "on its way to the UK" so they must have forgotten to unload it and it's on its way to Grimsby following a round trip to Emden.

My car was on the same boat and only updated to status 40 this morning, so fingers crossed!

Mines been on 38 since the 18th, not sure what port it will come into as its was ordered by a swindon dealer and im located in the london area

Mines been on 38 since the 18th, not sure what port it will come into as its was ordered by a swindon dealer and im located in the london area
Mine is being left behind - I am still on 30 and have been for 5 days :(