1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by S3 MCW, Oct 12, 2012.

1. S3 MCW

S3 MCW Member

[Oct 12, 2012]
    Would it be better to buy RAC/AA cover at the outset or buy it at the time when you need their help? A lot of insurance policies offer breakdown cover at the time of buying insurance. not sure what to do?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Oct 12, 2012]
    I have AA, including the Parts and Labour cover, have a read into it, its very good and defo worth the money, especially with cars like ours that can be fairly expensive when it comes to parts and repairs.
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Oct 12, 2012]
    i have same as above
    dont wait till you need it as they sometimes restrict it and the rescue is limited
    mine ran out i bought it at roadside and they only allowd me 50 mile recovery for that day
    as i was on the mway i had to accept it and pay the other 170 mile
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 12, 2012]
    I have AA homestart, it pays for itself when you use them once, but if you never use them ever, then you would think what a waste of money. I started buying AA when my Passat TDI hit 100k miles, and it was my S3 that needed recovering on the M42 from a broken gearbox!
  6. coatesy

coatesy poking badgers with spoons

[Oct 12, 2012]
    I have the aa hone start recovery plus the parts and labor thing.

when my clutch went the lad that recused me said, are you sure its your clutch, I don't think it is lol I replied hmm can you smell that ? That's the clutch, the clutch has gone...

Then I asked awesome your going to fix it as well, he replied no that wear and tear. :( but I still got recovered.

Also if I'm passenger in any car I can get it recovered which is awesome for my mate who's got a 1985 mini