1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts on ECU Remap options - 1.8TFSI 57 Plate

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by G020G, Jul 23, 2013.

1. G020G

G020G New Member

[Jul 23, 2013]
    Hello Everybody,

I'm a newby here on the forum - I got my A3 S-line 1.8TFSI in June 2013 and I am loving it!. Wanted to make a proper introduction with pics etc. a few weeks ago but haven't had the chance so apologies for that.

I love the car but I keep thinking I should have gone for a 2.0TFSI probably because of possibly the lack of power in the low-mid range? I have looked around on the forum and it seems like the general consensus is a performance remap of the engine is the best way to improve this and the feedback seems like this improvement is significant.

I have searched around and the popular options I have come across are Revo & Superchips Bluefin however I have noticed that several services such as shark performance etc. also provide ECU Remapping etc. As I am new to this, I wondered if you helpful people could point me in the right direction in terms of best option for me? Apologies in advance if this sort of topic has been discussed before - still getting to grips with searching information here!

Thanks in advance! :salute:
    G
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Jul 23, 2013]
    Personally I would vote Revo as that is who I use and have ran the car from 17k -77k on revo software with little to no issues through the various stages of tuning (up to 2+ now).

However, deal with the company who is within reasonable distance to you and will be able to provide after support if needed.
    Revo Steve-W likes this.
  4. G020G

G020G New Member

[Jul 23, 2013]
    Thanks for the comments Boydie, are there any major issues I should be aware of that I might run into. I would like to think of this as an investment (as most would) but I would be disappointed if I ended up spending a fortune just fixing issues after the remap. Do Revo operate as a franchise? as in would I be able to get their software via tuning companies around london?
  5. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Jul 23, 2013]
    There wont be any investment, just enjoyment factor when driving. You may see some extra MPG but overall, you remap your car for the fun of driving.

Revo are tried and tested by a vast majority of this forums members. They spend serious amounts of money and time on their software packages so they won't sell you anything that will potentially do damage to the car.

In saying that, it is your responsibilty to maintain and look after your car so maybe increase your service intervals to be on the safe side.

Look on the Revo site for your nearest dealer.
    Locate a Dealer
    Revo Steve-W likes this.
  6. G020G

G020G New Member

[Jul 23, 2013]
    No absolutely, joy of driving it is ofcourse the main reason for this remap I am looking for. I have had a look on Revo's website and found a local dealer - so definitely going to check them out.

I have also come across some tuning companies that offer custom remaps specific to your car, will this mean I might be able to get more BHP/MPG? or is it risky?

Sorry for all the questions, just great to get feedback from someone that's been there and done it.

Cheers!
  7. Revo Steve-W

Revo Steve-W Active Member

[Jul 23, 2013]

We have a 20% discount on at the moment too. custom mapping always has an element of risk, more power can come with more risk as you say yourself. Our software is tried, tested and proven after literally months of testing, to maximise performance in all areas whilst retaining reliability.

Remember Revo specilise in VAG, it's what we know and do best and If you're not happy, we'll refund you within 30 days, can it get any better?

Locate a Dealer

If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to contact myself or the Revo HQ directly.

I look forward to your feedback following getting your car Revo'd.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Boydie likes this.
  8. G020G

G020G New Member

[Jul 24, 2013]
    Hi Revo-Steve,

Many thanks for this.

Cheers,G
    Revo Steve-W likes this.