1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your old cars ..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jeffers999, Jan 17, 2008.

1. jeffers999

jeffers999 got boost

Do you guys ever wonder where your old cars are, if they are still on the road, scrapped, etc i just been looking on here (http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx) to see if some of mine are still insured and only 2 of mine before the audi are still insured, my astra gte convertable, and my seat ibiza cupra gti, but all my other cars aint so im assauming they are all in the scrap yard :bye: kinda makes me feel sad ... lol.
    Are any of your old cars still alive ??
  2. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Interesting site! I've only had one car before my current one, and I know the fate my beloved 8L had! Good to read I'm definitely OK with my B5 though! I couldn't be certain with the company I'm with!

It's a shame to see my Dad's last Audi 100 is seemingly no longer around though! It was a really nice motor. One of the last off the production line before they made a few changes and stuck an A6 badge on it. Whoever bought it originally had ticked pretty much every box on the options list and if the average annual mileage was kept-up after he replaced it, it'd still have less on it than mine!

Regards,

Rob.
  3. 205man

205man Active Member

4. jeffers999

jeffers999 got boost

I knew i found that link somewhere lol cheers 205man,,,,
  5. Sam-K

Sam-K Has a throbbing red german.

Goodto see my old seicento is still alive yayy!
  6. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

Twas 1974 when i picked up my 1968 Ford Anglia, White, 998cc, Non Syncro 1st Gear, Valve Set Radio and a self fitted 8 Track Cartridge Player.
    It will have passed away a good many years ago but i still hold lots of fond memories of this car and overall it would probably come out as my favourite.
    The first ones always a special one.:friends: :friends: :friends: :friends:
  7. Isoproturon

Isoproturon Member

The other day I was wondering what had happened to my old cars. The following day I saw one of them - a BMW I sold a few months ago to a guy in the Manchester area - it was in a car park in York, near where I live.

As I drove past it I thought, "that looks just like the one I had" as it had 18" wheels on it - sure enough, it was.
  8. Alba77

Alba77 Member

My last car was a seat leon frtdi, but enter reg number in and it comes up as a PEUGEOT MINIBUS:think:

My wee clio I had years ago is still on:)
  9. smartrs

smartrs New Member

I often wonder if my old Pulsar GTIR is still about. It was an H plate but thats all i remember. Such a shame. Gonna check out that link you just provided
  10. Onlyme

Onlyme Member

I have also added that website to my mobile phone favorites that way if some little scroote drives into my motor i can check that he is insured
  11. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

Interesting, someone seems to have insured my old mk3 gti that I wrote off about 3 years ago.
  12. unkle

unkle Beer God

How badly did you write it off? Might of been salvaged perhaps?
  13. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

all of my previous cars are not registered :(
  14. smee

smee Member

My last three cars are all on their as insured. Hope they got good homes.
  15. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

My first car was a Daewoo Nexia. Piece of poo really, but protected me fairly well when I drove it straight into a tree. There was only about 2 feet left of the bonnet, and in rage I kicked every other panel on the car, meaning no part was left un damaged. The rear seats had come through and were nearly touching the front seats which were on the piss. Airbags gone off, engine under the car, gearbox shattered, chassis twisted.....

After checking the above site, I see it is back on the road. How? It was only worth £800 in perfect nick. I can't see anyone spending any money on doing it up, and if they did it would be a death trap.

What can you say though?