Young drivers and courtesy cars

A3Bash

Reaction score
Hi all, my car is under warranty and a few things need fixing but the last time I gave it in I had no car because they don't give courtesy cars to under 21s. Anyone under 21 got a courtesy car? Was it just this dealership?

i think thats the case with most dealers mate, i had a cooper s before my s3 and the whole time i had the car they wouldnt give me a courtesy car! (age 18-21)

Naa thats rubbish mate! Its just the dealers being lazy.

I am 20 years old. I have always managed to get a car.

When they messed up my order and it was 3 weeks late i demanded a car as they said it would be fine for me to sell my old motor. Week before, they said it was gonna be another 3 weeks, my sales lady said there was nothing she could do and all she was prepared to do was pay for my bus tickets. I spoke to the dealer sales manager and she pulled an 2.0li t A4 avant s-line out of demo for me to use as i told them I was disgusted that they offered the bus as a viable solution especially with my line of work. I explained the situation and she was very nice about it and understood my position. They gave me free fuel, insurance etc.

When my door dropped on my A3 and was repaired under warranty i got an 2.0li A3 for a couple of days while it was in the bodyshop.

Stick to your guns and they should be able to sort something. You kind of tell them how and what will happen. they kinda think they can tell you what to do just because you are young.

Could be sometimes at discression of the insurance as opposed to dealer. We do hiredrive vans and cars and our insurance stipulates over 25 years only. Drivers with over 3 points for parking or speeding offenses are at insurance brokes discression.

I took my A3 for it's first service when I was 19, they didn't look at my driving licence and gave me an A6!

Thanks for the replies guys, well I'm going to call and push them hard as it's a real pain being without a car. Cruiser89 which dealer did you go to?

Yeah push for it!!

Sometimes they may not have one available. So you may have to book one which is fair enough.

My dealer is Poole Audi.

in my experience it depends n the group that the dealer belongs to.

When my last A3 went in for a door handle fix Leicester Audi (Sytner Group) wouldnt give me a car because of my 3 points!!. I went straight to Coventry Audi (Listers Group) and got a lovely 3.0 Quattro Sline A4!!

It all depends on their insurance providers

Booked the car on Tuesday, no courtesy car though no matter how hard I pushed.

I had a courtesy car when I was 18 and rolled it. I'm not an advert for young drivers and courtesy cars...