Yorkshire based Diagnostic person? - Alarm playing up

jaishaw

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if there is anyone near Harrogate with access to a diagnostic cable that may exchange a fault code reading session for some beer tokens?

My alarm is going off all the time and I have been told that reading the fault codes that it logs may help me pinpoint the root cause? I have disabled the interior sensors using the door post button but it's still happening. It also only sets (with a beep) occasionally and sometimes even once you've walked away from the vehicle. I am hoping that it is something simple like the bonnet sensor (in which case I may need a pointer as to how to locate and disable it) or maybe that my battery is on the blink but I dont want to start paying £50+ to find out that I could fix it for nowt!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!

Hi. That would be an easy journey for me. Could you PM me details of what sort of days/times are convenient?

Thanks a lot fr the offer of some help! Alarm has been driving me mad all weekend

hi
was wondering if the problem with the alarm has been resolved as my a4 1996 is doing the same??

Hello. Not yet. I've found that if you disable the interior sensor that it happens less. Still trying to find a way to get it on the diagnostic without it costing me 50 notes! I'll keep you informed

No, Sorry, I hadn't got back to him. Started a new job last week and both kids are ill. It's been manic. I'm free most sundays if those days are any good to you Jaishaw?

The VCDS cables from ebay are fine as long as you install the correct drivers, I've been using one for ages along with the free Ross-tech VCDS Light software..

With regards to the faulty alarm though, I think a common fault is with the actual alarm unit its self, If you open it up you might find the set of small button type batteries have leaked and started corroding the PCB inside the unit.. A friend had a similar problem with his alarm going off and we traced it to this but this did not show up any codes on vag-com..

Cheers chaps. I think I may invest eventually. For now, I am still a bit of a novice so would prefer to have an experienced Audi owner help me out.

Dan - Sundays are a good day for me too. I will PM you with my number so we can sort something out.

I'm up at Scotch Corner if you need a scan doing mate.