1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet more questions, what is a long life service ?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by zollybosher, Mar 7, 2012.

1. zollybosher

zollybosher Member

[Mar 7, 2012]
    As above what does this mean, why is it different to a "normal service" My current car seems to have been serviced every 20K and when I spoke to the Audi franchise they said it has been long life serviced. Does this work out more cost effective than a normal service -what are you thoughts.

Furthermore

When I put my lights on Auto the puddle lights and the side lights come on, however when no lights are selected the puddle lights come on DRL's so my question is would you (mainly due to the wear and tear on the bulbs) stick it on no lights or leave it on auto.

One other thing the same question re my auto wipers, if I select the first notch intermitant the wipers go into auto detect mode ie they adjust to the amount of rain and if there is no rain they stop. but I have 2 other notches intermitant and full so what is the point of having them? Would I be right in thinking the 2 options have been coded at a later date, car also auto locks every door at 5mph.

And finally it woudl seem I have a bluetooth phone cradle inside the central arm rest, again on speaking to Audi they want to know the part number so they can advise what phone it fits, thing is I cant see the code as its built into the arm rest there are no visible wires etc, does anyone have any ideas of how I can find the model number?

As you can see I am new to B7 as my B6 had NONE of the above options so trying to find out what is what as I go along
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

[Mar 7, 2012]
    As far as I know a long life service is supposed to be every 20k miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. VW (probably among other manufacturers) do it also.

They use longlife oil, and pretty sure they use better fuel and oil filters etc so the car theoretically needs less frequent servicing. I've only just got my b7 and its booked in for a service but I'm going to get it done annually which will be about 15k when it gets there.

It also includes (at the main dealer) a more detailed inspection check, atleast that's what they said when I got a quote. Having said that I've booked into a local independent garage who wants under £200 vs Audi's £500 for a longlife service...
  4. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

[Mar 7, 2012]
    longlife servicing is for fleet veichles, more miles between services lower costs, simples.
    wouldnt reccommend keeping a privatley owned car on it though, oils, filters and plugs will degregate over time and become less efficent.
    12k or 12 month servicing is sufficent
  5. MGTURBOM

MGTURBOM Member

[Mar 8, 2012]
    Personally I'd take my car to a main dealer when it comes to servicing! Yes you may well pay more but you will at least get the correct service items at the correct service intervals! I've had Audi's and other cars previous that have been serviced by so called Independents and it has been sub standard! I certainly would'nt touch another car agin unless it was main dealer service history!