1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet more ICE advice...

jbw Jan 4, 2008

1. jbw

jbw Member

I've just bought an a3 1.8T Quattro and I'm loving the ride... however I'm not loving the stereo. My old a3 had a MacStealth sub with alpine amp and headunit. the sound was lovely. This new car has a double din Symphony stereo and one of the front speakers seems to be farting badly at normal volumes. Luckily I still have a set of Infinity Kappa 5.50cs but wondered if they would work with the symphony headunit?

Can anyone confirm? I pulled the old car about a bit getting all the ice in so know my way around, just need confirmation before I put the time in.

Eventually I'll be banging on AndyMac's door for a new sub but one thing at a time.

Cheers,
    jbw

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Yes, the spec is exactly the same as a Concert (unfortunately)

3. jbw

jbw Member

Thanks again Andy. I'm presuming that if it's the same spec that mean it's also prone to the volume problems? :(

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

As far as I can remember no-one seems to have suffered the volume problem on the Symphony, always seems to be the Concert. Maybe they sorted it as I think it came out a bit later, after they'd fired the muppet who designed the controller.