1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another ebay gimmick?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tastyterrier, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Tastyterrier

Tastyterrier Monkey Trainer

[Mar 16, 2008]
  2. jm-baker

jm-baker Member

[Mar 16, 2008]
    Not seen them before.

I personally wouldnt use one, as all its doing is increasing the pressure to the injectors, and so giving the engine more fuel.

The ECU measures the A/F ratio via the lamba sensor and adjusts the injector pulse time to suit. So if the ecu see's that the car is now running richer, it will shorten the pulse time, and your back the the same A/F ratio as when you started.

This is ok if the map inthe ECU can adjust the Air/Fuel ratio enough to keep the engine running well, but i would imagine if you wound it up too far the engine would run rich, meaing worse fuel economy, less life of you CAT and no doubt other problems, and possibly see and engine light, and get a fault code....

But i will be interested to hear other peoples views on winding up the fuel pressure.

James
  3. Tastyterrier

Tastyterrier Monkey Trainer

[Mar 16, 2008]
    Cheers for the advice, potentially a bit dodgy by the sounds of things! What worries me is if the ECU thinks the engine is running richer due to a pressure change, it my end up running lean due to it compensating...not so good. Has anyone tried this mod, I'd like as much advice as possible before I even think about putting this onto my precious! :)
  4. chris82

chris82 New Member

[Mar 17, 2008]
    i had to have a fuel pressure reg on my impreza.these are only really useful when running higher boost levels i was told to have one to up the pressure in the fuel system slightly just to make sure enough fuel was being delivered all the time under my higher boost settings i would say unless u have a moderate to high state of tune i would not bother as i highly doubt u will feel any difference and they are very fiddly to setup espically the fsc!!they are more of a safety measure than a performance enhancer.