yet another dump valve question!!

spencerjoel

Reaction score
My '99 A3 quattro is making that famous dump valve flutter sound. is this likely to affect my MPG at all? as it seems to be a bit low, (22-25 MPG), even when im doing plenty of motorway miles. any opinions would be greatly appreciated guys
thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What sound does it make when its on its way out, my valve isnt making any noises but would be good to know for future reference.

Well i say its not making any noises, i can hear the turbo spool up nicely as i rev it but i dont get any noise when lifting off, which is what i assume you would get with a faulty valve???

Mark

cheers everyone, i'll get it sorted, just out of curiosity where did u get yours done?, garage, audi or DIY, and how big a job is it to do myself?

[ QUOTE ]
NWMark said:
What sound does it make when its on its way out, my valve isnt making any noises but would be good to know for future reference.

Well i say its not making any noises, i can hear the turbo spool up nicely as i rev it but i dont get any noise when lifting off, which is what i assume you would get with a faulty valve???

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like a quiet dump valve with a slight chirrup... You will know it when u hear it.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
spencea3quattro said:
cheers everyone, i'll get it sorted, just out of curiosity where did u get yours done?, garage, audi or DIY, and how big a job is it to do myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Piece of **** m8! Get yourself some jubilee clips and something to prize off the old clips and you will be done in 15 minutes!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
spencea3quattro said:

[/ QUOTE ]

As Rich says it's a doddle, but if you need assitance then take a look at Forge's DV installation .pdf which takes you through it step-by-step.