Yet another Concert 2 querry...

H665

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have recently become the owner of a 2007 Sportback with the Concert "audio" system (non Bose). The sound is not too shabby but like most factory fit systems it lacks "something" (mainly tight bass and midrange definition). I still have some Focal speakers lying around and was wondering if it is possible to replace the factory fit ones with these. I know it won't do much for the bass but I was hoping to improve some midrange definition. So here's a few questions:

Will the standard rear amplifier drive 4 Ohm units or do they require 2 Ohm like the Bose system?

Does the rear amp use a high pass filter for the rear speakers or just a low pass for the sub?

Does the concert radio have any hidden EQ settings like the Symphony? My previous car had a Bose system and if you unhooked that the full range of EQ presets became available.

Knowing me I will probably end up replacing the whole system anyway as i also still have a 5 CH Alpine amp lying on the shelf but l don't feel up to all the hassle just right now. I really like AndyMacs stealth sub solution :drool:

Yes the stock system uses 4ohm components, 6.5" mids with 1" tweeter
Rear amp is full range to the rears
Don't think the Concert has hidden EQ but I could be wrong

Thanks AndyMac. Are the front mids 6.5" as well or are they 5"?

Hmm, now I'm all confused :S I thought the front woofers of the SB were 5" (or so I was told). So both front and rear woofer mounts are 6.5"?

Yes that's correct, sold a few MDF adapters for the SB front & rear speakers and they are both 6.5", can't remember if the rear doors have a separate tweeter though.