1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another Bumper question...sorry

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by welshwoody, Apr 28, 2011.

1. welshwoody

welshwoody Member

[Apr 28, 2011]
    Hi, I was just wondering if someone could clear something up for me?? Just a yes or no and possibly a part number.
    Ive been looking through other posts about this but Im a little confused about 1, 2 and 3 part bumpers etc?
    Basically I have the bumper bellow, I only noticed the grey plastic part around the exhaust the other day, dont know how I didnt notice it before but I didnt. Anyway can this piece just be taken out and replaced for the better looking S-Line one or am I stuck with it? I dont really want to be changing the entire bumper but if I could just change that plastic part at the bottom Id be happy, well happier.

Thanks
    [​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 24, 2014]

3. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Apr 28, 2011]
    Yes you can just change that part (diffuser) without changing the bumper.... for this.....

[​IMG]

Might be a bumper off job to do it though as its tricky to get to the clips to release and refit the new one.

You're looking at about £170-£180 for it new. The grey part is about £80 and the honeycomb trims are £25 each, and you need four of them.

Part number I can't remember, but if you look in the stoke audi part of the forum you will find it quoted in a couple of the posts.
  4. welshwoody

welshwoody Member

[Apr 28, 2011]
    Wow that would look so much better. Thanks for your help. Would that need painting?
  5. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Apr 28, 2011]
    Yeah it does look a lot better. No painting is needed, just fitting.

If you can find one second hand then don't worry if its not from a sportback.... the 3 door and cabriolet diffusers are the same fit.
  6. welshwoody

welshwoody Member

[Apr 28, 2011]
    Thats even better, Thanks again...