1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterday, I had mostly been............

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nickynibbles, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

.............indoor skydiving!!! Last year my missus bought me a session at a place in Milton Keynes where you can do indoor sky diving, so for xmas I returned the favour, only taken us 7 months to actually go!! Essentially they turn a sod of huge hairdryer so its pointing upwards, stick a glass chamber on the nozzle so you dont get flung off somewhere and you basically "jump" into the airflow and it simulates free fall. Its totally totally totally totally awesome though, my missus was a little worried before hand but she came out with a cheshire cat sized grin!! If your up for a giggle then cant recommend it enough, cost £40 for the basic "have a go" session which only gives you a couple of minutes of air time, but your 1-2-1 with an instructor at all times so they can teach you the basics of how to control your body in free fall, just without the danger of hitting the ground at 100+ mph!! Here's me in flight.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Cool, I can only see the 2nd pic by the way Nick. Anyways, since everything around you isn't actually moving, do you actually feel freefalling, or more floating in the air?

4. buckas

buckas Member

nice

i've been there and watched, great indoor snowdome there aswell!

drew

5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)
    Audi Sport Owner Group Team Silver Audi S3

Whoa!!

That looks cool...but was it as cool as what we did yesterday hey Jo????

No seriously, im a bit of a girl when it comes to all this extreme business, but i would like to give that a go, without the risk of falling flat on my face...and dying!!!

6. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

1st pic fixed! You do feel as if your floating on air, but with the noise from the 100+ mph wind speed and the fact your mind is racing from the thrill of it & trying to concentrate on what your doing your senses are a little fooked up by the experience!!

My missus liked it so much we're going to go back soon as they give a discount for going back within 3 months. They even let kids from 5 do it as all they do is turn the fan speed down to match the small size of a child, and your totally safe wearing helmets, knee & arm pads, you cant fly upwards too high and get sucked through the system & you've got a mesh floor which is bouncy like a trampoline! Driving there is more dangerous than actually being there i'd say!!