YES OR NO ? EGR VALVE

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
QUICK QUESTION...QUICK ANSWER NEEDED!

AUDI A3 2.0 TDI (8P)
Is it worth taking off the ''EGR'' off my car and cleaning it? or should i leave it alone. vag-com was showing a duty cycle of 85% which i assume is ok.

I know they get alot of build up so was wanting to know YES OR NO ?

ALSO WHATS BEST CLEAN IT WITH ? ......FAIRY LIQUID ??????

i cleaned mine on my a3 tdi ,made a lot of difference ,soaked it in petrol over night they get bunged up with black sh*te,,its a mucky job though

This new 2.0 tdi engines are not easy to play ,as it used to be on older 1.9tdi - Engines got a lot of sensors which talks to each other .

With Egr on 2.0 - If U blind it somehow , U will get fault on dash after short trip - Insuffiecient egr flow - why ?

Egr is connected in line with Maf ( Mass air flow ) sensor . All talks to Ecu . When Ecu opening Egr , it also reducing boost ( via Weastgate ) to get the same Value on APS ( Absolute Pressure Sensor ).

So if U close it, engine won't get any more power , plus U will get limp mode after short period of time.

There is a way to awoid it ,but U need to be atleast VAG Master tech.
It took me about 3 months to designed special plate with all sort of resistors which I pluged in with Egr cable to cheat it - and finally it did work.

How to do it - longgggg story .

My advice - leave it alone
The best way to clean it - hi octan petrol .

Regards

streetracer......you mis understanding mate....were talking about cleaning the egr not taking it off completley never to put it back again.

i cleaned mine on my a3 tdi ,made a lot of difference ,soaked it in petrol over night they get bunged up with black sh*te,,its a mucky job though
i cleaned mine with degreaser and fairy and a brillo pad,cleaned all the unit including imf,replaced 'o' ring and gasket. didnt do the silver dish type which is fitted on top.

started the car and seemed ok,but not drove it .what difference can/will i expect ?