Yellow headlights

briankemp78

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive been looking at getting a C5 RS6 and seen one which is mechanically sound, new gearbox, coil overs and new disks and pads.

However the headlight covers are a horrible yellow colour. I see this everyday over in Dubai where I work and I think it's caused by a breakdown in the UV protection in the plastic and also the abrasions caused by being constantly sand blasted by the local weather.

Can these be fixed by polishing or do the lenses need to be replace. It is a UK car.

Hey all,

Ive been looking at getting a C5 RS6 and seen one which is mechanically sound, new gearbox, coil overs and new disks and pads.

However the headlight covers are a horrible yellow colour. I see this everyday over in Dubai where I work and I think it's caused by a breakdown in the UV protection in the plastic and also the abrasions caused by being constantly sand blasted by the local weather.

Can these be fixed by polishing or do the lenses need to be replace. It is a UK car.

They can be polished up to make them look new again. Meguiar's do a headlamp restoration kit, or if you are handy with a machine polisher yourself, that should work a treat.