Y'all remember the car being pushed by the lorry...

One major question not really driven home... 'So just what went on which leads you to say "...the next thing I know, my car has actually been spun through 90 degrees and stuck to the front of the cab being pushed down the road..."? Surely you must know a bit more about it than 'I was pootling down the inside lane with the truck beside me and all of a sudden I was facing the wrong way attached to a truck'?' I trust at least old bill have asked them both that question. Either it's just that she doesn't interview well, or she sounds like she doens't have massive road-sense/awareness.

Props to the other motorists though, trying to alert him with their hazards? I hope the lady in the clio wasn't the first to phone 999? I reckon that's gotta be more effective than flashing your hazards in the hope the first thing the trucker thinks when he sees a few cars doing it is "I'll just check if I'm pushing a clio along". It's a shame there weren't many more ramblers touring yorkshire in their volvos when it happened, they could've pressed the 'TPAC' button on the dashboard to sort it out!

//R

Yeh somthing dont add up does it. you dont just end up attached to a artic!! i recon she didnt see the lorry on the inside lane whilst comming off a lay-by. tho as said, she is quite cute.

Props to the other motorists though, trying to alert him with their hazards? I hope the lady in the clio wasn't the first to phone 999? I reckon that's gotta be more effective than flashing your hazards in the hope the first thing the trucker thinks when he sees a few cars doing it is "I'll just check if I'm pushing a clio along".

:lmfao:

I do hope she was using her hands free when she was on the phone, as she is not really in control of her motor vehicle. If she had rung 999 or 112 then she can use the exemption, but she said she rung someone to tell them, is that under the exemption? :lmfao:

I quite like the response of the lorry-ist after he'd pulled over "Do I need to stick around...?"

No buddy. You carry on, I'm sure the police don't want to hold you up with their awkward and tedious questions...

I don't know if it's just me being mean and judgemental, but she seems to be the type of whom her friends would have said, "...well that didn't surprise me, dizzy bint!" I get the feeling her whole life might be a bit bewildered. Of course, if she had died I'd be full of sympathy but hey ... I'm human!

it said in the news report that the lady was a vet so is not stupid but the lorry driver did`nt sound to clever!!

it said in the news report that the lady was a vet so is not stupid but the lorry driver did`nt sound to clever!!

Buddy, I hear what you're saying but there's two kinds of intelligence: the kind you use to become a vet; and the other side of the brain that remains the 'little girl that wanted to be a vet'. You get what I'm saying. A wider example: my solicitor is a really smart bloke - but I wouldn't trust him to organise a party.; and my accountant is a whizz with numbers, but sadly not someone to go drinking with.

Just a bit of a laugh but you get my point. When I was watching and reading the reports about the Truck-Car incident I was shaking my head. It is boggling trying to imagine the scenario of how it occurred, and, putting myself into the position of the lorry driver - how could you not see it? It was a real car mate, not a fcuking tonka. Jeez, there would have been a point when he hit it beggin the question ... after three ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... DIDN'T YOU FEEL IT OR OUT OF THE CORNER OF YOUR EYE (AND THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OPEN) SEE 'SOMETHING' THE SIZE OF ... ERM, A CAR FOR EXAMPLE ... SWING INTO YOUR LANE?

I'm all wound up now as I progressively realise each minute that passes, that I share the roads with such dangerous, life-threatening numpties. In saying that I mean all parties concerned with a modecum of reserve if details come to light which exonerate Miss Vet.

Just a bit of a laugh but you get my point. When I was watching and reading the reports about the Truck-Car incident I was shaking my head. It is boggling trying to imagine the scenario of how it occurred, and, putting myself into the position of the lorry driver - how could you not see it? It was a real car mate, not a fcuking tonka. Jeez, there would have been a point when he hit it beggin the question ... after three ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... DIDN'T YOU FEEL IT OR OUT OF THE CORNER OF YOUR EYE (AND THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OPEN) SEE 'SOMETHING' THE SIZE OF ... ERM, A CAR FOR EXAMPLE ... SWING INTO YOUR LANE?
I think you have to appreciate the position of the driver and the power of the vehicle,I know a bloke who changes HGV tyres at the roadside and he went to a transporter which had blowouts and only when they jacked it up did they realise a vehicle was underneath with two people in so think its understandable the driver never felt a thing.

I've no sympathy for lorry drivers, sorry, every time I'm on the M62 I see what dangerous, irresponsible f*kwits they are who don't care about the huge potential they have to cause other road users trouble.surprising given they depend on their licenses to earn a crust.

She said he was in the middle lane and she was in the slow lane the only way she could of got in that position is to try go in the middle lane but got clipped by the truck , Also it doesnt take a clever clogs to see the lorry driver clearly felt and saw the car he must of been having a bad day and though feck it il push it along for a bit the effin ***** pulling in front of me like that ..

Il put money on it that what happened how else do you get a car like that with out seeing it it must of been lenth ways and been clipped to turn sidewards and he clearly was ****** of and thought feck it ..I bet she is a dumb cow to ..vet or not