1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xs power exhaust

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Nez, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Nez

Nez Member

Theres always arguments about how good the stainless steel of xs power exhaust is :)

Well heres is a photo of my exhaust after about 6 months...

[​IMG]
  2. Fraser

Fraser Member

is that yours or loomx's?
  3. Nez

Nez Member

No this is from one of the memeber of the AudiSRS forum.
  4. s4marsh

s4marsh Member

my original s4 exhaust looks mint compred to that at 10 years old i had a look today..that xs one looks awful thanks for posting that i was debating getting the xs downpipes for the millionth time last night and thats all i need to know
  5. Nez

Nez Member

No problem :) I was thinking getting these before I got my exhaust but somehow I had a awful thinking about the XP Power.
  6. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

Surface stuff.

Do they gain power though? (more importantly).
  7. s4marsh

s4marsh Member

i've spent 14 years in and around the steel industry and if it was anywhere near good quality stainless it wouldnt look that bad after 6 months, 2-3 years max and thats history in my opinion and does it make more power like you say? an exhaust is next on my list of to do's and cant afford the milltek we'd all like at the moment and a bit wary of the custom systems available locally but my birthday is in 3 weeks and christmas not far away so if i'm a good boy i might get lucky
  8. Nez

Nez Member

Yes they do give you some good power :)
  9. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Aye they do seem to make good power. Being a turbo engine you basically want minimal restriction from the turbo back. Being a twin system with a nice large bore it provides just that. It'd be pretty hard to stuff it up i recon.

Looking at that photo, even if its stainless pipe the welds are mild steel, and its quite likely those welds would give up the ghost well before a normal audi system.

I'm actually quite impressed with the longevity of the OE exhuast system. Considering that when you buy cheapy OE systems from Bosal or Walker or whatever they last about 2 years, the exhaust on our car looks original and its 13 years old!
  10. s4marsh

s4marsh Member

mines like new at 10yrs old
  11. Nez

Nez Member

Lets see what the powerflow once look like after 6 months :)
  12. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

^ Very similar to that XS one I would put money on it :bye:
  13. Dan Gliballs

Well I'm not!! Mine's pissing me RIGHT off,...............it just won't die FFS!!!! As far as I'm aware it's the original system and it's now 10 years old. Pisses me off how Audi made it so solid and reliable. Bastards.

I too have been looking for an excuse to fit a Milltek or similar, for the whole 3 years and two months that I've had the damn car.
  14. Dan Gliballs

Well yeah, cheaper 'stainless' systems like these get a bad press by many.

If one lasted me say 2-3 years then I'd be happy with that, especially as they can often be less than half the price of the stupidly priced Millteks, which ALSO seem to be getting some bad reviews recently (on fit/build quality etc).

I'd rather buy a cheap one that made the power and had a pretty tailpipe than a reeeeeally expensive one that gave me problems aswell,.........that would seeeeeriously get up my nose.

Also, would I still have the car in 3 or more years time?.......probably not.

I've had Powerflow on three totally different cars now without any problem what so ever (and made good power too). On the flipside I've also had Magnex and Scorpion etc, and had a right old faff of a time with warranty claIms when components have failed.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  15. Nez

Nez Member

If that would be the case then whatever time it becomes like that I will take it back to them and fit new one :) as they said it won't rust went I fitted the system:lazy:
  16. Nez

Nez Member

I agree with you :salute: you are 100% right if it last for 3 years then its better to go for the cheap one then expensive one :) when I done the remap with MRC he check the exhaust flow and said that its not bad :)
  17. AndyC

AndyC Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In all honesty

you get Mandrel bends, iffy stainless (still arguably better than Mild steel)
    fit seems pretty good
    only thing i dont like is the DP's to mid sections - so decent flexies are needed

but for less than £200 for the system.......... its mentally good value
  18. foursprungdugtechnique

foursprungdugtechnique Member

My 2.5 B5 exhaust is original 11 years old, 115000 miles, no sign of it falling off any time this lifetime