1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMas shopping 2009!

jojo Dec 2, 2009

1. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yup, I got most of mine done this afternoon, with only a few more little items my missus can sort out, it's much less stressful to get this out the way earlier than later! :)

2. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

Blimey your organised

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

4. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

Do you mean christmas eve eve :)

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

Christmas Eve after the works get together is just fine ;)

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Absolutely, and it limits the choice. Makes it easier.

7. missviper

missviper Member

SOME OF US AFTER WORK XMAS EVE NOT FAIR...

8. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

Years ago I went xmas shopping with my wife, walked into Argos and asked for £300 in vouchers to split up between the family for pressies. My wife said I needed to put more thought into buying gifts and so has never trusted me to go xmas shopping ever since. She buys stuff she wants and gives it to me to wrap :thumbsup:

9. Gilly

Gilly Member

doing mine in birmingham next wednesday, well the stuff that i cant find on amazon....am going to take in the german food festival at the same time, i am rather partial to a bavarian sausage or two :unsure:

10. unkle

unkle Beer God

I'll leave it till the last minute, that way its more exciting! :)

11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Luckily this year as the Missus is off, everything has been done already :)

I didnt even have to go....bonus!!!

12. a3_dan

a3_dan Member

Oh god, i have all mine still to do!

Are your other halfs the same as mine in the sense, when i ask what to get her, she says 'you should know what i like' ARGHHH I hate that answer, which normally follows with my response, 'oh yeah of course i do, just checking thats all' (thinking silently to myself, what the f~~k, im in trouble)

13. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Vouchers and money.

Takes me about an hr, and that includes going to the cashpoint.
    Every gets what they want and Ive got nowt to wrap.

That way I can concentrate on the true spirit of Xmas.
    Getting pissed.:icon_thumright:

Paul

14. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Mostly done now, just a few bits n bobs to get.:yahoo:

15. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I'l be doing mine on Christmas Eve due to being a bloke :) I'm working nights all over Crimbo so I'm only seeing my missus....her presents will be got crimbo eve.

Family I wont see till the new year due to work so I'll do theirs after Christmas..ha ha.

easy!

T

16. stealth64

stealth64 Member

play.com for all my crimbo shopping then beers up the Bullring Crimbo Eve when the missis thinks im getting her prezzies!

17. baynesey

baynesey well you better unsell them, sharpish!

as above, Play and Amazon is where I've been getting my Christmas Shopping for the last few years, apart from my Sons presents, we like to walk about in big stores for those :D

18. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

All this voucher stuff is plain lazy, I had to get pressies for my niece's and nephew's, and they want something they can open, not an envelope full of vouchers and another wait to get their hands on a present!

19. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Bah Humbug!

I'm not buying any presents and not sending any cards this year either. Xmas is only worthwhile if you've got little kids - I have a neice and a nephew but they are a pair of spoilt little brats so I refuse to buy them yet more stupid toys they'll play with for 2 minutes.

20. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

I have 2 nephews, they play with the toys for all of 5 minutes, then end up playing for hours on end with the wrapping paper and packaging!!!!

Great, this year, im going to buy a box, with a box in it with wrapping paper!! Done :)