1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenons

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by treblesykes, Mar 3, 2007.

1. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

hadnt driven the A3 in the dark for a while until the other night. I seem to remember the xenons used to raise up on main beam then drop again during dipped beam, Now they seem to stay in the low position at all times. which is correct? They still do the little up down dance when i start the engine.
    2.5 yr old sportback

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Dandle

Dandle Member

A 2.5yr old A3 will have xenon dipped lights and halogen main beam, each from a different light reflector. At the start of 2006 Audi started fitting xenon plus lights to the A3 which has xenon dipped and main beam from the same light unit. It works with a shutter in the light changing the beam from dipped to main beam. Both xenon and xenon plus lights will do the auto level dance when you start the car up.

4. ronakc

ronakc New Member

where can i get xenon plus for a 2004 audi?

5. Tommy1finger

Tommy1finger Member

Interesting, Thanks for the info. I just figured out that my car has the older style headlights.

[​IMG]