Xenons or a quality aftermarket angel eye type?

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

In my still ongoing search for an A3 one of the things high on my list is Xenons. I liked them so much on my 8L that I really do want them again.

As many of you I am sure know, Xenons are few and far between on A3's, despite being not that expensive as an option from new!

So I am thinking, do I get an A3 with normal headlights and fit after market ones like these :-

AUDI A3 03-05 8P BLACK ANGEL EYE PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS | eBay

or hold out for the real thing? I knoow if you got a pair from audi spares place I understand there could be wiring issues?

Cheers for any advice

CB

real thing.

After market ones steam up and generally blind other road users with gash beam patterns etc.

OEM Xenons

:wub:

6935763643_1da2da0c21_z.jpg

Reactions: Cossie_boy and _G_
Indeed guys, so, forget the aftermarket.

I saw some OEM Xenons on ebay about £350 for the pair used, it said something about not being able to fit them to a car that did not previously have Xenons. I guess there must be some way of modifying them to fit, although you wont have the headlight washers that came standard with factory Xenons.

Actually Farhan, did you fit yours afterwards or are the washers just out of the photo?

I got a pair of OEM single xenon headlights here in the US that I can ship if you are interested in purchasing. Brand new and I never installed them. Didn't want to find an HID kit to work with it. The part # is 8 P0 941 029M and 8 P0 941 030M.

As far as installation, from what I understand the halogen harness and single xenon harness have the same pin connections therefore you won't need an adapter harness. For BI-xenons you would need to purchase an adapter harness from a company, such as Kufatec. Let me know.

There are other considerations, have done fair few of these installs, modules & wiring should be considered aswell as legalities of headlight washer & levelling systems for mot time, PM if you need a supply/fit solution as I have bixenons on shelf ready to fit :)

Having had xenons on 3 cars now (one with adapative cornering swivel), I'd say I'd prefer normal bulbs Philps X-Treme 90's.
Much more hassle free and cheaper to service.

You seriously prefer halogens over xenons, wow, find that very strange as I've had on last 5 & current 3 cars & there's a reason for that & with swivelly bits lol