1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon's (again)

ianmack Feb 27, 2004

1. ianmack

ianmack Member

Right. I've had the lamps checked out on three seperate occasions and I've been told they are OK.
    So, Is it normal for me to see only about 6 feet in front of the car in the dark?
    It's really tricky driving in the dark coz I can't fekin see anything ahead of me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm losing the will to live over these lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    I think I've already posted about this problem but I can't find it.

Cheers again!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

the motors on the auto adjust are faulty. its a known fault. the motors go one of two ways, higher and higher (thats what happened to me - blinded 747s) or lower and lower.
    should be done under warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. LYRAC

LYRAC Member

There is a Service letter relating to the Xeon lights!! The problem is the motor. Go to your dealer and ask them to sort it out!

4. philsudbury

philsudbury Member

I've just had mine done by the stealer - no quibbles whatsoever and was told it was a known fault!! Dont stand for any sh*t!!!

5. Phil65, where did you get yours done?

6. philsudbury

philsudbury Member

Reading Audi - steared clear of Aston Green in Slough after reading the posts on here!!

I'd definitely recommend them. My lights weren't event that bad - I had one which just seemed to be slightly lower than the other occasionally - they checked them - said they found a fault and replaced the motors on both of them.

7. ianmack

ianmack Member

Thanks for the post's.
    I wasn't aware of the service letter. Thanks Lyrac.

It's another example of good Audi customer care and another trip to the dealer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif