XENON PLUS HEADLIGHTS - YOUR VIEWS !

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i'm thinking of maybe choosing the 'xenon plus headlight' option at around about £545 and was wondering what your views are on them ! Are they very good / worth the money ? Are there any problems that you have experienced with this option that in time will end up costing you an arm and a leg in the long run ? Thankyou very much .

For me xenon's are not worth £545, there are plenty of other things i could spend that amount of money on

I have the adaptive xenons on my Sportback and think they are well worth the extra cost. The normal halogen headlights have never been that good on the A3 and, whilst you can use greater output bulbs, they will never be as good as xenons. The number of members on this forum who fit xenons to a car not already fitted with them should be a good indication of their better performance.

Personally I would never buy a new car with including the xenon option. £545 is not a huge amount when considered against the total price of the car and to fit them (properly, including auto-levelling and headlamp washers) of purchase will almost certainly cost as much if not more.

Thanks guy's , any inherent problems to be aware of ? Seem to remember somewhere some mention of 'bulb flicker' . Also what is the likelyhood of one of the LED's going and what is the cost incurred to change ? Do the headlamp washers work independently to the windscreen washers or are they seperate ? Many thanks .

Thanks guy's , any inherent problems to be aware of ? Seem to remember somewhere some mention of 'bulb flicker' . Also what is the likelyhood of one of the LED's going and what is the cost incurred to change ? Do the headlamp washers work independently to the windscreen washers or are they seperate ? Many thanks .

All covered under warrant.

The headlamp washers work with the windscreen washers.

Worth every penny and ive used xenons on a few cars ive owned.

To be honest once your used to them you'll never want to go back, and other thing to concider is that they cost conciderable more to retrofit.