xenon plus head lights

lankyandy

Reaction score
i hav xenons on my a3 and am very impressed with them.only prob is finding a main beam bulb to match them.im using philips vision plus at the moment and am reasoably impressed. i have to questions firstly has anyane used piaa extreme white bulbs? and secondly iv noyiced that they are now doin xenon plus on the a3.is this xenon main and dipped and if yes can the headlamp unit be retrofitted?if so can my old unit be used to upgrade someones standard lights? thanks for any help

Xenon headlamps don't have a dual filament bulb like the conventional H4 halogen lamps so you are wasting your time looking LankyAndy.

I I have only seen Xenon Plus (Bi-Xenon) headlamps listed for USA spec cars, not the UK vehicles.

The Bi-Xenon lights actually have a servo crontrolled shutter that breaks the reflector chamber in half to create the dip beam effect.

If and when such things become available (not in the August 2005 - 2006 MY one anyway) you will be looking a complete headlamp assemblies and that will be VERY expensive.