1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon light adjusters

Crazypete00 Apr 29, 2012

1. Crazypete00

Crazypete00 Active Member Audi S3 Audi A4

Hey, I have the common issue that the white clip in my light has broken, not too fussed because I can sort that. However on the opposite side light the clip is fine but the motor that's meant to clip into it doesn't reach the clip. I tried pulling the white adjuster out but it doesn't extend, any ideas?

I also need a new motor any idea how much they are?

2. RobMac1985

RobMac1985 Member

i have got 2 levelling motors.
    pm me and can talk about price and sending them out if you want them??

thanks
    Rob

3. ant schof

ant schof Member

HI mate ,
    You can actuate the levelling motor with a 9volt battery . If you disconnect the plug and remove the cover 2 or 3 tabs on the back from memory , you'll see three metal contacts . Taking a 9v battery with a live and earth lead to each of the outer prongs , easier with crocodile clips attached . Hold them on for a few seconds and you should see the ball end of the motor move in or out . To change direction of movement simply reverse polarity . should get the motor to the required position . Ideally you need vag com to to set up the correct position once fully installed . Hopes this helps .

Ant

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

5. Crazypete00

Crazypete00 Active Member Audi S3 Audi A4

Thanks both for the reply,
    @ voorhees - already thinking of putting my name down for those, I have a clip that is very similar that I need to try first.

@ ant - will try the 9v battery on it, I also have vag com so once I repair the other side I will set it up with vcds.

6. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member Team Dolphin Grey quattro Audi S3 Audi A6

Hi

The adjusters can be a pain to get back on to the clip some times.

Try removing the back off the head lamp and gently pulling the reflector/clip towards the adjsuter arm as you rotate and twist the adjuster to get it to slide in to the clip from one end.

Liam