1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon headlights

hardcorism1983 Jun 28, 2011

1. hardcorism1983

hardcorism1983 New Member

I am planning to put in oem xenon headlights over time as a project.

I have purchased a passenger side xenon headlight unit to begin with. How do I know if its bi-xenon. Are all the xenons bi-xenons. Is there a way to tell by just looking at the bulbs through the front. Also are all a4 b7 xenon got drl's. Again if not how can I tell if they mine has it or not by just looking at it.

Sorry if these questions sound silly.

Just want to make sure that I buy a matching drivers side.

Thanks

2. jasonallen

jasonallen Member

Best person to talk to is ash aka itwasntme or something along them lines :D

3. unikarl

unikarl Member

They are all bi xenon and have the drls as standard. You can either fit a switch for the drls or programme them to be on or off using vcds. The drivers and passengers lights I have got have completely different part numbers but they still match and work exactly the same so don't worry too much aboutixing and matching.

4. dubdemand

dubdemand VAG Addict

For a second I thought I was being clever looking at eBay.de but then I remembered that they will be the wrong way round. Does anyone know if LHD can be changed to RHD or do I have to suffer the fools on eBay.co.uk?

5. unikarl

unikarl Member

Think you will have to suffer the fools!

On one of my old cars there was a little bar in the back of the headlight unit that you slid across which adjusted the beam pattern to LHD but I don't think there is on these lights. One of my headlights was delivered with a beam adjustment sticker on the light unit from when it had been driven abroad so I guess that sort of confirms it.