1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenon headlight facing up

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by afzal0121, Mar 18, 2014.

1. afzal0121

afzal0121 New Member

Hi guys, im new here and was wondering if anyone could help?
    I have an audi a3 8P, 06 reg. My car was recently involved in an accident, fixed everything, just lights left.

i have factory fitted xenon with auto level, problem i have is both headlights are facing up, so cant drive at night at the moment, need to get it fixed. its like its come off its hinges or something, when i run my fingers through the back off the headlight, i am able to move the bulb up or down, but doesnt stay down. i want to be able to fix this if possible or get some aftermarket lights as they are way too expensive. or find i could fit standard hallogen headlights on my car. (cheap)

anyone got any ideas what i can do? any help appriciated

Thanks in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Perhaps the level sensors had a knock to.
    Do the lights do a dnace when first switched on?
    Connect to VCDS to see if positions can be reset.

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Open back & check if its got the locating metal piece in its channel as such, it could of broken the plastic chassis of the internals, if so then needs repairing & they would need separating to do.

afzal0121 likes this.
  5. afzal0121

afzal0121 New Member

sorry for the late response. thanks for the help, took the headlight off, the plastic piece needed to be pushed back in place in the metal adjuster tab. after re fitting the headlight, it now adjusts automatically on start up, no problem.