1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon headlamp levelling problem since refitting.

jayjay Mar 15, 2011

1. jayjay

jayjay New Member

I've just had the n/s wing re-painted after a past poor paint job and the Xenon headlights were removed and refitted by the body shop. They took the car to a (non-Audi) dealer afterwards to get some error codes cleared (extra £50), but since then the headlights seem low and don't appear to do much. Is there any easy way I can check they are working or of it's an adjustment problem? I am hoping that they just weren't set up properly - and how much will this cost? I'll be going after the body shop for the cost if it's significant!

On switching on the lights raise and dip - afterwards they don't seem to do much. I've also noticed that the N/S Xenon will flicker. It's only happened once that I noticed but it repeated frequently and only stopped after I'd parked up overnight.

Unfortunately I'm not able carry out to any work requiring significant exertion - life's like that sometimes... I can carry out "topside" visual checks though.

A4 Saloon 1.9 TFSI auto S-Line.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. jayjay

jayjay New Member

Ok - the n/s Xenon has now started flickering TWICE - each time after about 30 minutes driving.