1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon Change on a B7?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by AjM, May 13, 2012.

1. AjM

AjM Living in Blissful Ignorance

[May 13, 2012]
    Hi, I need to change my xenon bulbs on my 3L TDI and to say there is not any room is an understatement. I think the way to go is to take the headlight out, anyone no how to do this?
    Thanks
    Ant
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[May 13, 2012]
    Bumper off job on the B7 to get the headlights out.
  4. AjM

AjM Living in Blissful Ignorance

[May 13, 2012]
    You have to take the bumper off to change a headlight? I have heard it all now, the more I learn about this car the less I like it...
  5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[May 13, 2012]
    Yes.

The B7 was a cosmetic tweak of the B6 - the B6 was designed with servicing in mind so you could change all the bulbs (provided you have small hands and/or don't mind a bit of pain) but when the stylists were let loose on the front end redesign to create the B7 they totally ignored the need to be able to replace bulbs without having to remove major components.

You even have to remove the wheel arch liner (and it's easier if you remove the wheel) to replace the front indicator bulb on the B7.
  6. smm20vt

smm20vt New Member

[May 13, 2012]
    i changed my xenon bulbs on my 2.0 tdi without removing the bumper, i removerd the airbox on the drivers side and power steering bottle on the passenger side, although ive not seen a 3.0 engine bay so im not sure if its the same