Xenon bulb replacment

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So one of the bulbs is failing the light is pink in colour (swapped bulbs around and the fault follows the bulb), so looking at replacement. The ones that are current fitted are Osram D2S 35W 66040. These bulbs look to have been revised to 66240. I've checked Audi's prices and they are around £120 per bulb which is a total rip off, seeing as you can get Osram bulbs for around £30 each.

So one of the options is nightbreaker range OSRAM D2S 66240XNB 66240XNB NIGHTBREAKER UNLIMITED NBU 35W XENON HID BULBS | eBay the question is are the nightbreaker bulbs any better are they worth the extra £50 for a pair. I'm also going to replace both bulbs as they are the same age.

Can't say about the xenons sorry but the halogen type one's it made a huge difference to mines! Don't think I'll bother with any other bulbs now...

As Aly says, the difference is huge for halogen cars anyway with the Nightbreakers.

Thanks, got philips xtreme vision in my A4 and they made a difference will take a punt at the nightbreakers looks like Xenon bulbs last a hell of a lot longer so will spend the extra cash and report back.

Well fitted the Osram Nightbreakers and have to say they have made a difference, if your in the market of new Xenon bulbs they are worth the extra cost.

Reactions: Aly
Well fitted the Osram Nightbreakers and have to say they have made a difference, if your in the market of new Xenon bulbs they are worth the extra cost.

How you finding these now they have been in sometime? Where they hard to fit? Mine have started to have a purple edge and shadow so I guess they are starting to fail?

So far so good not had any problems with them, and the light output was far better than the old bulbs. Fitting the bulbs is not the easiest of jobs on the A6, the passenger side is by far the worst as the power steering bottle gets in the way. I think it took about 30min both sides.

Reactions: adcooper
Cheers took me slightly longer and the main beam bulbs are not what most websites state can you remember what the main ones are?