1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon Bulb Gone!

jpa1992 Oct 3, 2013

1. jpa1992

jpa1992 New Member

The Xenon bulb has gone on my 2008 S-Line and I've had a quote from Audi to replace it for upwards of £200!

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a cheaper alternative?

Thanks in advance!

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

You can find oem's cheaper online, buy a pair tbh as they will show different colours with new/old.

3. jpa1992

jpa1992 New Member

I've been to halfords and they have their own brand bulbs for £60 - any ideas if this would be decent or best to go with OEM?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Halfords are now doing HID bulbs, that's new.

Well your choice, but I would match brand & grab a pair.

I find aftermarket hid bulbs are basically shxt quality & light output is awful.

5. A4B8Sline

A4B8Sline Active Member

Audi changed mine for £110. That was lamp and fitting. I was worried about only changing one with the colour but I honestly can't tell the difference between the two. I always try and go oem or use decent replacements like osram or phillips. Stay away from halfords own brand lamps. I changed the mrs's headlamp with a halfords own brand lamp (standard halogen) she bought and it lasted a month. Swapped it with two osrams and 3 years later they still work.

6. Meller

Meller New Member

Hi think my xenon bulb has jus gone, thing is if I switch lights off and then back on it works for a bit, them goes off again? Is that usual? I've never had xenon bulbs before. Thought when it goes that's it like a regular bulb?

7. A4B8Sline

A4B8Sline Active Member

Yeah that's correct. When mine went it would work for upto 5 mins before going out and getting the bulb out message.

8. pablo

pablo Active Member

buy one from halfords, if its cool, then cool. If not, buy the other to match :)

9. Meller

Meller New Member

Mines a 2009 sline. Will that be a xenon as standard? Or are some halogen?

10. Freddie2112

Freddie2112 New Member

Hi, I just replaced my Xenon bulbs on my A4 Avant 3.0tdi Quattro and at first I phoned Audi and was quoted £163.22 for one bulb and that's with out fitting! So knowing what bulbs I needed I had a look on the net and found these! D3S 6000K HID Xenon Bulbs Replacement DIRECT FACTORY AUDI A4 S LINE MERCEDES | eBay £28 for 2 bulbs and that's delivered! Just had them fitted yesterday and I am very happy with them! hope this helps!