xenon ballast

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
This goes out to anyone with good knowledge of lighting and xenons in particular, as im not v clued up on them

Lets pretend its an audi, its not its my gf ST. Headlight is out, so to determine its the bulb or not i switch bulbs over, fault remained with that headlight. Next, switched ballasts, fault moves with ballast. Bingo. Sidelight, full beam, and indicator work, so just the dip beam xenon thats out.
im in the undertanding power goes through the loom to the other bulbs before the ballast is themn lit to fire the xenon, hence why all bulbs work bar the dipped beam.

So, looking at ballasts online, no specific ford ones out there without being ripped off for a used one. So does anyone have a source for generic ones?

Im assuming that as long as its d1s, 12v, 35w all is well and itl be ok.

Mot Is in march so it needs doing and i want the fix to be reliable. So far ballasts for 30£ can be had. Cool with me.

Let me know your thoughts.

ThAnkyou

Yeah should be fine, Even if you just get a cheep Chinese one to get it tho the mot for now

Sorry to bring back a blast from the past but I think one of mine has gone. Similar scenario as above but I don't have time to swap the ballast over to try that (it's ******* down and need the car daily). Fitted new bulbs and the drivers side didn't work even with a new bulb. Fuses all look fine so I can only presume it's the ballast. It's been flaky for a while, in that if I started the car with the lights already on, it wouldn't "re-light" after it started. I imagine the bulb would just let go in one hit.

Has anyone used the generic ones and are they ok to use? I don't really want to buy it again 6 months down the line...

Generic ones are fine, they do the same thing, just have a look and get a decent one though as there are alot of cheap bad quality ones about.