Xenon ballast for 2001 S3 HELP URGENT!!

criztal

Reaction score
Hi guys

Long time reader, 1st time poster and apologies for it being a problem already!

Driving home the other night and one of my xenons went out, drivers side, did a search on here, swapped the bulbs around, and they are fine, its the ballast i need but dont fancy paying audi £500 for a new headlight!

Please Please Please does anyone know where i can buy the ballast from? Ive looked on HIDS4U.co.uk and dont know which one it is! they are not able to confirm either, all you can do is compare pics!

Any help with this one would be very much appreciated guys!

anyone help please? my car is at the garage, and they want to buy an original part for £473.80!!

there was one on ebay a couple of weeks ago.

I have 2 in my shed but I have the same problem with my car and would like to make sure I have a working one before getting rid of the other.

thanks for that mate, appreciated, but is there nowhere else one can purchase the ballast from? do any of the ballasts offered by HIDS4U fit into the S3? Help Please!

It looks like the right one but it's a tad pricey for just one ballast.

You can find a replacement ballast on eBay for much much cheaper if you're willing to wait for a few days.

I think this is the OEM ballast:

DSC01131.jpg

i sold my set of genuine couple of weeks ago mate on ebay. Your best place would be a breakers . There is loads of s3's on ebay for breaking. Partsgateway is good also.

the one in the link is the correct one and to me thats a good price for 1 brand new genuine considering i sold my ones for £80 and £60