1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon adjustment for france

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Adam C, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Adam C

Adam C Mine a manual

[Jul 18, 2007]
    Hi,

Mine=2001 Allroad with Xenons.

Can sombebody tell me whether I have to have the pattern adjusted for contiental europe? halford/main dealers seam really vague.

thanks

Adam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. matt_o121

matt_o121 2.8Q

[Jul 18, 2007]
    i am not sure about xenon's but the normal headlights have a lever next to the rear of the dip beam unit which you have to just move to the side to change the beam cut off for continental use.

it is outlined in the owners handbook,it should be the same for xenon units
  4. Adam C

Adam C Mine a manual

[Jul 18, 2007]
    Well you'd think so... the manual says that adjustment should be made by main dealer due to high voltages, but the dealer says adjustment isn't necessary. They're so bright I don't want to upset oncomming lorry drivers late at night on the way down.

thanks

Adam
  5. dan_b

dan_b Member

[Aug 12, 2007]
    @Adam, did you ever get an answer on this? I have the same query for my A4 Xenons, wonder what I do if I hop over the channel...
  6. rallye

rallye New Member

[Aug 13, 2007]
    Hi the xenons have a lever the same as normal lights I did the lights on my s6 before a trip to switzerland last year. One lever is easy to get at the other one is a bit harder it took me 10 minutes in total with lights turned off so no high voltages.
  7. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jun 22, 2011]
    Any idea on wether this lever exists on the 2011 A6 C6 (last of the C6's)?
  8. crispin

crispin Member

[Jun 22, 2011]
    on the C6 its a dealer job and it will cost lots!! I have just come back from trip to Austria and I did not bother. That is my advice as it really makes no difference. If you really want to you can buy stickers at the tunnel which stick on the front even for Xenons.