1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xcarlink i-pod/bluetooth - opinions

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jbcalvin, Apr 2, 2011.

1. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

Hey guys,

With what I have spent already this year I just cannot afford the OEM multimedia kit and bluetooth kit for my RNS-E....

I have seen the x-carlink system for integrating i-pods/mp3 and with bluetooth attachment for phone which seems reasonable at £120...

Anyone got this installed or had it previously, and is it any use....

Cheers...
  2. lewie

lewie Member

I have the xcarlink but the BT only works when you are listen through the xcar(not radio/CD) So you have to select the xact to accept the call(Ithink)
  3. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

Sounds a bit weird that, so to be able to use the phone, I would need to be using the multimedia option? Does the xcarlink system not run permanently if I have my phone connected via BT?

How does that work then if I am listening to radio or have the nav running?

Louie do you have the RNS-E fitted?
  4. will89

will89 Member

I have the x-carlink, tbh i don't get on with it too well. I am thinking of taking it out as i have put in a nokia bluetooth car kit. I bought it with the bluetooth part and with the iphone cable. Let me know if you want to make me an offer as i'm thinking of changing the headunit to one with bluetooth etc built in.
  5. MarkWizard

MarkWizard Member

I have an X-Car link for sale....