1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XCARLINK 2g mmi RGB input

quattro25years Feb 20, 2014

1. quattro25years

quattro25years Member

IPHONE CONNECTED TO XCARLINK

........watching videos / looking at albums covers using the xcarlink is fine,

.....but when the iPhone is mirrored for example on the home screen the resolution is Not as good, when u look at the apps on the home screen they are a bit fuzzy around the edges along with the text.-also the my you tube video of google navigation is not crisp.

to overcome the lack of clarity on the iPhone screen I plan the do the follwing.

rather than connect the iPhone to the xcarlink via a composite cable (single yellow cable which provides video), I would like to connect the iPhone via RGB (connecting video with 3 cables , there fore higher quality)

here is how I plant to do it.....

1) buy an iPhone VGA adapter.(connect adapter to the iPhone)

Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter - Apple Store (UK)

2)buy an VGA to RCA adapter( connect VGA cable to apple adapter)

1.5m 15pin PC Computer Serial VGA Port to RGB RCA Phono/TV Video Lead Cable Cord | eBay

3)the 3 RCA ends (red , blue , green) then need to be connected to the RGB input of the xcarlink. (Cables will need to be crimped /spliced together)

Look forward to responses regarding this.