1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC at Brands Today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hotscar, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Hotscar

Hotscar Four Wheel Drifting

Anyone going?
  2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

not since they spoiled it
  3. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

yep, I was there and had a great day!
    How did they spoil it Fingermouse?
  4. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

I was there with the Seat Cupra.net lot. We were all parked in a line on the South Bank opposite the Seat lorries. I spoilt the show by turning up in the S3 rather than the Ibiza, but we had over 20 Seats all in a row.

Seat UK were very good to us - they gave us 30 free weekend entry tickets including paddock access, plus 20 of us got a chance to be driven round the track in a Leon FR by one of their drivers yesterday evening. I was in the car with Yvan Muller - I thought he was really ragging it until he was overtaken by another one of the Seat drivers. Yvan didn't like that so decided to retake his 'position'. I've done a lot of track days but I was absolutely amazed at his driving.

Later on in the session Yvan and Monteniro (spelling) were pulling handbrake turns at Druids. Amazing.

As to the racing - wasn't as good as I though it would be - not much overtaking or side by side action as there is in BTCC, but a fun day all the same.
  5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Oh, just got a link to this as well. Some of the other Seat guys out with Yvan - and Yvan getting told off by one of the organisers for making the tyres squeal. FFS!
    [ytv]-nqhwu9NIq0[/ytv]
  6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

i used to enjoy seeing the likes of the BMW`s , nissan, renault etc when the cars were bigger and the racing was better.

only seen a few of the moden touring car races and probally stopped following it about 5 years ago as it turned into the astra cup imo.

saw one recently and they spun a wheel to decide something like pole position ???? what the frell is that all about