1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrong haldex oil should i keep driving?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by seabee05, Jul 5, 2013.

1. seabee05

seabee05 New Member

[Jul 5, 2013]
    Hey guys I recently had a second hand diff and controller installed on my A3 however the new unit also wouldn't work, doing a further investigation the garage admitted they only put gear oil in and not haldex oil which has annoyed me, when I turn the car on I hear the pump making churning bubbling noises for about 5 seconds and then it shuts off I've also only got fwd, should I avoid driving the car as I don't know if this oil is going to cause damage to the unit?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 5, 2013]
    Depends on the viscosity etc tbh, they should of used the correct type regardless what they thought was best, they need to do it correctly & see if its ok then, if not then you could tbh challenge them it was a working system when bought & now its not, that's your choice.
  4. seabee05

seabee05 New Member

[Jul 5, 2013]
    Well my problem is that my previous system had failed and they where installing a second hand one, I was recommended to take it to this guy through a friend as he once worked for vw (I can see why he doesn't now) but he's telling me the new unit is a dud however I caught him out when questioning the haldex oil. I can't do much with the car until Monday and I'm going to be doing about 40 miles in it until then do you think its safe or will I be risking damaging the unit even more? Gear oil is 75/90.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 5, 2013]
    I wouldn't drive it with a fault, you could do more damage than current.