Wrapping Front S3 Splitter - Any Advice?

Just been talking to my panel beater friend about doing this. Looks awesome!!! Think i'm going to try Gloss black though. Shame that plastic coating rubber stuff doesn't come in Gloss black, would of been perfect!!

Interestingly enough, just after I did this they released what they call a "glossifier" and two "metalizers". Bit gutted as I'dve done my rings and chrome surround with the glossifier if it had been available.

The boys over at audizine have put together a gallery so you can see the effect of the glossifier and metalizers:
PlastiDip Color Catalogue (Shown on Wheels)

Just out of interest, what does it look like when this bar is simply removed ?

Wondered if it would look more agressive, or whether it would just look awfull ?

Also, I guess it depends whether this centre bar is integral to the structure of the whole lower front bumper and it would flap around like a whore's drawers without it ?

Gone for the new 3M 1080 series di-noc carbon wrap, this is glossy (so wet CF look) and made specifically for vehicles unlike the old type. This is gonna be my weekend job! :) Pics to follow!

Gone for the new 3M 1080 series di-noc carbon wrap, this is glossy (so wet CF look) and made specifically for vehicles unlike the old type. This is gonna be my weekend job! :) Pics to follow!

Stuff looks good bud. May get some to wrap my inlays.

I'll be finding out how hard the rear diffuser is when I put my RS3 one hopefully this weekend.

No pics of the front one as yet.

I'll be finding out how hard the rear diffuser is when I put my RS3 one hopefully this weekend.

No pics of the front one as yet.

OK mate. Take some pics and let us know how you get on :)

Been looking for the picture we took of the front spitter on the RS3 but can't find it anywhere, seeing as the car is no longer with us I cant take a new pic for you :(

I've just checked the TTRS and there are 4 screws underneath so should be an easy enough job on the S3 when it comes....oh I'm getting excited again!!!

Paint being checked today and if all's ok the car should be coming up tomorow :rock: sorry for the thread hijack lol

Just out of interest, what does it look like when this bar is simply removed ?

Wondered if it would look more agressive, or whether it would just look awfull ?

Also, I guess it depends whether this centre bar is integral to the structure of the whole lower front bumper and it would flap around like a whore's drawers without it ?

Unfortunately it does look awful without the front lip fitted :(. It's just a bit the same shape as the front lip - but obviously thinner - the same colour as your front bumper and it looks like a skeletal part (if that makes sense) that you simply couldn't have exposed. Because my car's original front lip had a few stonechips on the right hand side, I wrapped mine in DiNoc carbon vinyl the week after I bought the car. It was a real PITA of a job!! I did the three little vertical posts first and then wrapped the lip actually on the car. I removed the lip to start with, but it was impossible to wrap off the car (I would have needed to be an octopus as my 2 hands weren't nearly enough!!), so I stuck it back on and wrapped it in situ. There are a lot of angles and curves on it, so it took a lot of heating and shaping, to get the visible top bit looking perfect. I couldn't get the underside of it perfect, but you couldn't see it anyway. It did look good, but due to my OCD I couldn't get over the fact that there were stone chips underneath the vinyl, so I ended up scrapping the old front lip altogether and buying a new one fom Stoke Audi. :wub: xx

Last edited:
Here's a piccy I found on Ebay of an S3 bumper with the lip removed. As you can see, it's not pretty. Don't know if you could remove the whole bottom middle section without compromising the integrity of the front bumper.

$(KGrHqNHJDME8gCRjnsBBPIHHV),qw~~60_12.JPG

I'm really looking forward to seeing your new glossy carbon front lip, Silky! It's gonna look ace, just remember to get lots of heat into the vinyl as it will take a fair bit of moulding to shape it properly. I always end up burning my finger tips when doing this stuff, so be careful, lol! :wub: xx