1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow - Norwegian Fjords what a photo opertunity

Discussion in 'Photography & The Digital Darkroom' started by Gti Jazz Blue, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 6, 2009]
    Just got back from a week on Ventura cruising the Fjords.

I managed to take 1500 pictures in total (mind some are bracketed shots) on my new Sony Alpha 300 DSLR.

The scenery is amazing and a quick review on the Laptop shows that I have managed to get some good pictures, it also shows that you just can't capture it as good as the eyes and brain do when you are there.

I would recommend it to anyone that hasn't done one - just for the fantastic scenery. We did think that it would also be a nice cool holiday - right we had unusual weather, loads of sun and touching 32 degrees.

I will see if I can host some later in the week and post some links.

Paul
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Igdos

Igdos Member

[Jul 6, 2009]
    Sounds excellent - going to Bergen in a few weeks for 10 days, fingers crossed the weather is like you had it!

Looking forward to seeing some of the pics :thumbsup:
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 6, 2009]
    I would quite fancy a cruise around the fjords, looking forward to the pics :thumbsup:
  5. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 8, 2009]
    Make sure that you use the Funicular to go up the mountain as there are fantastic views, however if there is a cruise ship in make sure that you get there early otherwise you may need to queue for an hour. Only £7 return, the gift shop at the top sells really nice soft ice-cream (mind it is 25NK £2.50).

Watch out if you ask for chocolate as a topping, they just it in coco powder not chocolate sauce.

Paul