Would this cause this???

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
OK - have had a problem with the ESP light being constantly on on the dash lately....

VAGged it and found this:

00810 - Sensor 1/2 for Brake Pressure
27-00 - Implausible Signal

Which relates to this: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00810.

Question is - would this bring the ESP light on, but NOT the ABS light. ABS light is not on, and has never been on.....

There are 2 sensors in the brake master cylinder... think its related to those... They are 'thrust' sensors IIRC and are used by ESP...

<tuffty/>

Yeah, I just googled this and looks like this can cause this issue. That would be good to get sorted at some point actually - that light is driving me potty!! lol

this will be interesting to see, i have had the same problem with no errors coming up...mine usually comes on and stays on after violent accelerations and wont turn off till i turn the ignition of and back on again..!!

this will be interesting to see, i have had the same problem with no errors coming up...mine usually comes on and stays on after violent accelerations and wont turn off till i turn the ignition of and back on again..!!

Have you checked the fault codes? ESP light staying on is also related to MAF issues as well as latitudinal and longitudinal acceleration sensors...

<tuffty/>

Mine does this on hard acceleration too, I always get a fault saying 'maf signal to high'...

I've changed the maf but still get this fault come up, usually in a high gear from low revs when the torque pulls me along.

Have you checked the fault codes? ESP light staying on is also related to MAF issues as well as latitudinal and longitudinal acceleration sensors...

<tuffty/>

well it usually happens when im out and about and i don't have my vag com with me..ive been waiting for it to happen again for some time now and it hasn't..hopefully next time it does ill be close to home to check it with the vag com..

OK - have had a problem with the ESP light being constantly on on the dash lately....

VAGged it and found this:

Which relates to this: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00810.

Question is - would this bring the ESP light on, but NOT the ABS light. ABS light is not on, and has never been on.....

Do your brake lights work, when the light comes on? If they don't, I would start with replacing the brake pedal sensor first. It sits at the top of the pedal and to replace it you do need to get your hands dirty and remove the driver's side of the dash.

This is a very common fault and can be confusing as hell, because the diagnostics system seems to think the the pressure in the brake system is being incorrectly reported (implausible signal), when it's the actual pedal position that is not being sensed properly. The brake lights are directly controlled by the pedal sensor/switch, so if it's not functioning properly, the brake lights don't work.

Last edited:
Bummer... still might be the brake sensor (there are two in the same box - one for pressure on the pedal and the other it's counterpart, which measures the 'pull' )

Try logging ABS Brakes controller via VCDS and look for a block that might indicate brake pedal position and brake system pressure. I'm not sure which one this would be, but it might be group 005 based on what I saw somewhere.... I can have a look tomorrow to confirm.

This might give you some idea if the brake pedal position sensor is reporting conflicting data (pressure is being reported correctly, but the other is not detecting anything).

Ah! Just trawled through the wiki article for this error, and they recommend performing basic setting on brake pressure. Looking at the procedure for this on the same site, they say to do the following:

Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)

Prerequisites:

• System voltage at least 12.0 V.
[Select]
[03 - Brake Electronics]
[Coding-II - 11]
Enter 40168, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 066
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
After a successful basic setting, field 2 should say "OK".
[Done, Go Back]
To make sure the basic setting was succesful, check the sensor again.
[Measuring Blocks - 08]
Group 005
[Go!]
Check field 1, the value has to be between -7.0 and +7.0 bar.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

This will try to reset the sensors and assuming everything is workign as it should, the error might go away.

Wouldn't hurt to try this either.

Welly, sorry for the thread revival, but did you ever sort this problem, and what did it turn out to be?

I'm having a similar problem atm. My ESP light used to come on intermittently, resetting if I restarted the engine. Then recently it came on and now wont reset. VCDS brings back the following fault codes:

00813 - Sensor 2 for Brake Pressure (G214)
57-10 - Electric Circuit Failure - Intermittent

Googling it brings back various results. Some for a sensor on the master cylinder, some for a sensor in the ABS controller, some for a sensor on the brake pedal and some for broken cables in the wiring loom. Just trying to narrow it down abit so I don't end up spending alot of cash changing things that dont need to be changed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited: