Would they fit?

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all, been tempted by a set of rota grids cheap!
they are 18" 9.5j, would they fit mine?

cheers

You will need to find out the PCD and offset of the wheels and probably the bore diameter

You need 5x112 with an offset of et55-40/45 at most. From memory, I think the bore is 57.1??

You will need to find out the PCD and offset of the wheels and probably the bore diameter

You need 5x112 with an offset of et55-40/45 at most. From memory, I think the bore is 57.1??

Would any of that be stamped on the wheels anywhere?

Has to be 5x112.... 5x100 only fits A3/S3 8L's and A1's... All the info should be stamped on the back of the rims... Also the centre bore as Boydie says in 57.1mm anything higher than this... Then you will need spigot rings to fit them safely

So only way I could fit is with pcd adapters... Correct?
This advisable or shall I bail out?

Thats right man pcd adapters also do the trick... All depends on the offset of the wheels aswell on how much poke will increase...

depends on how badly you want the rims... Personally I wouldnt use them

Are they advisable or a no go!
Don't wanna waste time and money for nice looking wobbly wheels that stick out miles, they would be a spacer too wouldn't they.
They are already 9.5J

2 no goes is good enough for me!
Shame cos I can get them pretty cheap, may get them and make some money! Lol

Rotas fitted perfectly, (5x100, 9.5 et38) 15mm spacer at front and 20mm at back. For those who want to know, the back definitely needed a spacer, hit top of the coil mount without! could probably get away with a 5mm at the back if you weren't running 9.5 with a 15mm at the front. Had to go 20mm rear for look and handling characteristics. The clearance between the inner rim protector and the strut in the front however is roughly 2-3mm so JUST fits. Tires are stretched 225 and managed to keep the tread in the arch (rears fine, front just), can definitely lower the car in the rear with no problems, may need to roll arches or camber to the get the fronts nicely inside. One thing to note, these are LOUD rims, the thick flat wall of each spoke gives a very audible propeller like tone, and the spacers create a frequency at around 80kmh that begins to ring and never lets off as speed increases. So, if you're willing to loose a bit of that soundless s3 interior for that wiiiide super phat look, then its well worth it!