1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOULD THESE BE A GOOD BUY????

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dan.obi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dan.obi

dan.obi Member

[Jun 4, 2007]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. QUATTRO_REP

QUATTRO_REP Diesel Power!

[Jun 5, 2007]
    they look like there pre-facelift lights to me...? no indicator on em...might just be me tho...
  4. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    They are the pre-facelift lights, why not go for a facelift conversion? There's a few for sale on German Ebay now , really cheap at the mo but there is still a while to run on them. I've been toying with bidding on them myself but there is a few other things I've got planned first so they are gonna have to wait. :icon_thumright:
  5. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    i may be selling mine if u want them , i want £130 for them , they are the same ones that are in the e bay link
  6. dan.obi

dan.obi Member

[Jun 6, 2007]
    How hard is the conversion to do in regards to modding of the wiring, cutting of body work etc etc:think:
  7. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

[Jun 7, 2007]
    I think the bodywork mods only come into it if you go for the facelift headlights, definately the way to go IMO and the way I'll be doing it. Basically you have to trim the bodywork behind the indicator due to the differences in the design of the back of the lights. this is fairly straight forward with a dremel and cutting disk, then treat the cut edges to a bit of primer and paint to stop rust starting. To be honest you shouldn't have much of a problem with this part of it as long as you take your time, as they say "measure twice, cut once".
    Auto electrics are not my strong point so have a good read of the headlight upgrade thread at the top of the 8L forum. Basically if your car does not already have the Xenon lights which I'm presuming it doesn't you'll have to make some conectors up. I'm sure that there are plenty of people on here that can help you with this side of things.
    Bear in mind that there may also be legal issues if your does not already have the Xenons lights fitted. By law any car fitted with Xenon headlights just also be fitted with a headlight washing system and a headlight auto-leveling device. Check up on this as it may cause problems come MOT time(depending on where you take it obviously!)
    Sorry I can't really advise any better or in greater detail but I haven't done this myself yet. If you haven't done it buy the time I have I'll glady help you out as much as I can.