1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would s4 lights from a 2000 s4 fit a 96 2.6 model?

lawrence Feb 14, 2006

1. lawrence

lawrence Member

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone can answer my question for me, would a set of S4 lights from a 2000 fit a 96 A4?
    Many thanks!

2. Charlies604

Charlies604 Member

If its face lift, you would probably need to cut the protusions of the body of you car around the wing. Normaly done when you move to the one piece from 2 piece.

Dont no about the wiring side tho, not sure if they're special or anythin.

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

some triming would be needed but not a big deal if you own a grinder and get the plug with part of the loom to make it easy.

4. lawrence

lawrence Member

cheers for the info but sorry, i meant for the rear lights

5. madkebab

madkebab Member

Yeah rear lights fit no problem, just need to swop a couple of wires over in the plug as light layout is slightly different. I have these fitted to my car as do many other on here.

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Edit, beaten to it,lol

Rears, yes physicaly, you may need to swap a wire or two over (easy) make sure you get the bulb holders if you can too. What type do you have at the mo? the red/orange or the later red/ white ?

7. lawrence

lawrence Member

cheers! i have the red and orange type at the moment

8. madvw

madvw Active Member

check on audi-world.com, they show a fully illustrated guide on how to do it.

9. lawrence

lawrence Member

cheers!