Would leaking rear shock cause wheel camber?

S3 rpm

Reaction score
Hi guys,fitted some 15mm hubcentric spacers on my s3 8l the other day,and noticed my near side rear wheel was cambered inwards,and possibly a bit of toe in too.it may have been like that before the spacers but not noticed it maybe because the wheels sat inside the arch anyway. The car has standard suspension all round(5 pink dots on the rear springs)
ive just had the wheel off to look for anything obvious but the only thing I see is the rear near side shock looking abit sorry for itself,

Anybody think that this could be the issue with the camber?

Cheers guys

Rich

No. shock won't bother it, they just provide damping, not support.
Worn bushes, springs, snapped springs, bent tie bars, could all be possible causes if excessive camber.
Btw, there is supposed to be around 1 degree of rear camber as standard.

Hi mate yes the springs were one of the first things I checked,there's surprisingly in good condition,must of been replaced not long ago,yea I understand about a little bit of camber but this is just on the passenger side,the drivers side looks as it should do.

Which bushes are most likely to need doing?

Rich

Anybody know? I'm going to goodwood festival of speed in a couple months and it's a long drive from where I am,just want the car to be spot on before I go.

Thanks guys