Would Clutch Pedal Switch cause missfire under load???

sportquattro

Reaction score
Hi all

Today my 1999 APY engine S3 started to misfire under load, seems fine in normal driving but if you put foot down it runs like a bag of nails. Have run VAG-COM and got the following fault codes:-

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06A-906-032-APX.clb
Part No: 8L0 906 018 K
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0002
Coding: 05610
Shop #: WSC 06313
VCID: 3763FA8915D63486A4-515A

2 Faults Found:
16795 - Secondary Air Injection System
P0411 - 35-10 - Incorrect Flow Detected - Intermittent
17947 - Clutch Pedal Switch (F36)
P1539 - 35-00 - Implausible Signal
Readiness: 0000 0000

My question is will the Clutch Pedal Switch be the cause of the misfire or just an unrelated problem?

Thanks' in advance

Nige

Coilpack wiring harness! If you have not checked already.

Coilpack wiring harness! If you have not checked already.

Hi SamHendry

That's a good shout will check tomorrow when light, still wondering if the Clutch Switch fault code could be a factor in addition to coilpack harness potentially being the problem, so if anybody that knows about the clutch switch can post comment would be most welcome.

Nige

Clutch pedal switch won't cause a misfire

Thanks Lee that's great, looks like coil pack harness most likely, particularly given the 16 years age and 173,000 on the car. Have ordered up a harness from Awesome GTI today and will try and replace it on the car next week when it arrives.

Of those that have replaced the harness, how did you find things? Easy? or a right pain?

Thanks again

Nige

Hi Bill, The fuel pump was replaced August last year so don't think it's the pump (Genuine Audi supplied) an going to check the Coil pack loom tonight and have ordered a replacement from Awesome GTI as it looks like the most probable cause and if it arrives tomorrow can hopefully replace over weekend. Car is 16 years old and 174,000 miles so harness I am sure will have some issues regardless of whether its the misfire cause in its entirety or not I figure worth replacing as a prophylactic measure alone.

Will update once replaced.

Thanks to all that replied, as always A-SN have the people in the know.

Well started the task of fitting the replacement coil pack loom from Awesome GTI - What a pain in the ***, despite having read the guide in the how to section on the forum, its certainly not a 3 hour job by any means. The Loom on the car splits in two down behind the gear change linkage and there's no way you can get to the wiring loom where it splits without removing battery, battery box, air-box and a load of coolant hoses.

Has anyone else with an APY engine S3 done this replacement? If so did you have the same ball-ache that I'm having?

Hoping tomorrow to be at the stage to start cutting cables once my heat shrink arrives - I just hope to Christ that I can put it back together again seriously bricking it at the moment.