1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would Audi take a remapped S3 as part-ex?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_monkeytrousers, Feb 10, 2006.

1. [Feb 10, 2006]
    Hi,

When I buy a new car, I usually buy from a main dealer and trade in my old car. I realise it's more expensive this way but I like the peace of mind.

Question: do you think Audi dealers take remapped cars as part-exchange? I never see them selling remapped cars. Do you think they check? Do you think they revert them to standard if they take them?

If I were to remove the map myself should I tell them it used to be remapped?

I'm not changing yet, just curious.

Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Feb 10, 2006]
    audi even sell remapped cars themselves.

You can buy an Oettinger remapped VAG car from the factory if you want, or some dealers will even MTM it before you take delivery. Best bit is that they even warranty the car!

as for letting the dealer know, then its a definite yes.
  4. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 10, 2006]
    Well i know for a fact that Listers group have remapped cars, as to wether it will devalue the PX i dont know, personally id ask the question from them if they have remapped cars themselves, if so then i cant see there being any problems.
  5. [Feb 10, 2006]
    Ah thanks for that, I've never seen a remapped car at an Audi dealer - that's interesting, thanks.
  6. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 10, 2006]
    I asked about this recently when looking at a new A4 and they said that they would take mine in part ex.
  7. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 10, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I asked about this recently when looking at a new A4 and they said that they would take mine in part ex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going for the previous RS4 Rich?
  8. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Feb 12, 2006]
    Lincoln audi told me that they can't / will not sell modified cars as audi cannot warranty them and wanted mine put back to standard to consider a deal, funny that they offered / recommended a revo when i bought it.
  9. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

[Feb 12, 2006]
    AmD do a lot of mapping for Audi dealers that offer it as a pre-sale option... so I don't see there being a problem.
  10. beaker

beaker Member

[Feb 12, 2006]
    I just posted this point on the A38P forum but when I was looking Glasgow Audi tried to sell me a superchipped A3 less than 1 year old with remaining warranty intact. Suppose it depends on the dealer. Glasgow Audi is one of the biggest I believe though.
  11. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 12, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going for the previous RS4 Rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i will be too expensive to run and maintan to be honest Rich.

I've decided to keep the S3 and carry out some mods over the next couple of years!
  12. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Feb 12, 2006]
    My first S3 was remapped already when I bought it from the main dealer and they didn't even know!!

I then part exchanged the same car back to them for another S3 with no problems