Wot I want to know is.....

MattS5

Reaction score
...why are we stuck right down here and not up with the petrol heads???
Let's hear it for TDIs!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

not sure what your complaining about there isnt a petrol forum like the diesel has! hehehe

coz no-one likes us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
coz no-one likes us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhh thats not true, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
not sure what your complaining about there isnt a petrol forum like the diesel has! hehehe

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even in the R & RS Power section?
We should be right up there rubbing shoulders with them, not stuffed down here fourth from the bottom. We is the kings of the (4) rings, is we not??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even in the R & RS Power section?
We should be right up there rubbing shoulders with them, not stuffed down here fourth from the bottom. We is the kings of the (4) rings, is we not??

[/ QUOTE ]

fair point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rise up, oily ringers (!). Cast off the shackles of diesel-dom and take your rightful place alongside (slightly above would be ever so nice...) the foul-breathed, petrol-guzzling monsters of octane!!

But diesels smell just ask TDI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif (only joking mate) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But diesels smell just ask TDI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif (only joking mate) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
But it's not like that perfumed p*ss petrol heads put in their tanks, is it? Or like the sulphurous pong from their cats. The smell of diesel would put hairs on the chest of a nun....!

tubtub,

Maybe the reason is because most diesel owners are penny pinches of which dont tend to modify their cars as much as the petrol equiverlants. This therefore results in them having less learning from experience to offer to others in the forum. Just incase you hadnt noticed, most of the threads in the whole forum tend to be on the subject on upgrades/modifications. So stay down here with your pipe and slippers and stop moaning and let us real drivers get on in peace.

P.S. Only joking. Mind to be fair there is no specific petrol forum and the diesel boys due tend to mix with their car type section also.

[ QUOTE ]
And there is a certain smugness from being in the "Technical" section of the site, he said trying to justify the lowly placing....

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true... there is a certain exclusivity about being down here...
I have to ask, Rickq:what is a 'Scottish Pack' - tartan furry dice??
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Plus Audi's biggest selling engine range is now TDI, can't argue with that !!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Shhhhhh!! They'll all want one....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'll get me slippers, pipe and cardie....

Let's hear it for the DLF (Diesel Liberation Front)

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be your chipped and lowered, xenon upgraded, induction panel filtered, cat-bypass big bored, leather re-trimmed elbow patched Recaro cardie......

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

nowt wrong with the oil burners of today, keep telling my mates with their 20mpg petrol cars.

Amazing thing.....soundproofing

lol

[ QUOTE ]
Strangely, non of these are available in Audi Seafield Road, Edinburgh. Maybe I should tell them to develop regional variations for different parts of the country. The "Norfolk Pack" could include some Turkeys (Bewdyful! In a Bernard Mathews styleeee), The "Yorkshire Pack", perhaps a small (its Yorkshire so v. small), bottle of Eau d Farm and some baler twine, The "Lincolnshire Pack" perhaps some earth's curvature detecting binoculars...I could go on but I wont.

Easy!

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I see... so round these yer parts it'd be the Scrumpy Pack with seats woven from withies (willow twigs), a miniature Glastonbury Tor on the rear shelf, The Wurzels permanently playing on the 8-track, a 'Beginners Guide to Crop Circle Stomping' in the glove box, a horn that plays the first few bars of "I've got a brand new combine haaarvester", 40" wheels shod with tractor tyres (square tyres 'cos we've so many speed bumps) and a figurine of Farmer Michael (Eavis of Pilton Festival fame) on the dashboard.
There'd be an air freshener, 'Scrumpy Fragrance' naturally, hanging from the rear view mirror and a permanent layer of crud two inches thick up to window level. Then there's the special 'Speed Camera Detector Add-On; Jethro the village idiot sat on the roof with binoculars and a twelve bore....