1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Job Ever - Headlining

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Cyrix, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Cyrix

Cyrix Member

Just swapped the headliner from a B6 S4 into my B7 S-line Avant. Couldn't find one with a black headliner when I was looking to buy and the grey felt like a bit of a step down after my A3 S-line.

Total nightmare of a job though, probably took me about 6 hours all in. Did intend doing a write up but was too busy swearing to stop and take many photos. If anyone has any questions just ask though.

Before :

[​IMG]

After :

[​IMG]
    sidibear, B5NUT and NHN like this.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

I know how you fell mate, I had to swap 2 A3 whole interiors round recently, including all interior trims, except dash & that was a mission, good fun, but wow it does take a while & exhausting aswell.
    Geebo likes this.
  3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

Wait till you have to replace a heater matrix, it make the headlining look easy!
  4. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

On Sunday a mate & I swapped every piece of Alcantara trim from my A4 into his and all of his stock trim into mine as I'm selling the car.

That included the headlining, A/B/C pillars, sill trims... the lot. It took us about 6 hours – not too bad, but not as easy as my old VW Golfs come apart!
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

I bet, I was considering taking the dash out to fit updated heater system, but think new car will make it easier lol.
  6. MattUK

MattUK Member

Thank god my headlining is the colour I want.. all sounds very painful..
  7. Cyrix

Cyrix Member

I should add that I put it back together last night in the dark on my drive, which probably didn't help. Headlining only arrived at 6.30pm by courier :/

I break a lot of VW/Audi's for parts and often wonder if the matrix is designed to ever be removed, sometimes even with the complete dashtop removed you barely have clearance to manipulate the blower assembly out.
  8. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member

Must admit I swapped mine out with a black headlining and all trims from and RS4, took a good 6 hours and of course being the saloon without split seats the old one had to come out through the rear door, the air was blue lol . next job is to wrap old one in alcantara :shrug:
  9. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

A lot of work in that and it looks like a good job!
  10. lynallbel

lynallbel Active Member

Worst one i ever did was a discovery with rear air con ducting in the roof.