1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worrying Brake Warning Issue

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Wizza, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Wizza

Wizza BÜBENGRÖPEN

It's basically the major warning light that comes on telling me I have a brake system problem BUT it's only ever come on 3times since sorting my rear discs and pads. The funny thing is it only happens when you turn a tight right bend at "speed". Any suggestions or will i have just a loose brake sensor at the front wheel?

I am worth checking my ABS in a safe environment?
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Query the ABS controller for fault codes?

Have you checked brake fluid level? It could be a bit low and triggering the low level warning on corners?
  3. Wizza

Wizza BÜBENGRÖPEN

Fluid level is fine as far as I am aware. Gonna need VCDS me thinks!
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I had this warning when the brake fluid was on the 'low' marker, the sensor is quite sensitive!
  5. Wizza

Wizza BÜBENGRÖPEN

Unless I need my brakes bleeding properly again... Will check resevoir in morning before I go work.
  6. Wizza

Wizza BÜBENGRÖPEN

This is becoming a real nuisance now - my brake fluid level appears normal...

BUT now this warning is flashing up almost every time I turn right and also on the odd occasion I come to a stop and then set off again and even more annoying when in traffic.

Ever since replacing rear brake pads. This car is really starting to piss me off especially with the way it is always hesitating during general acceleration in low gears.

(p.s. I am actually fuming with the piece of **** at the moment and its even more so when money position isn't great)
  7. epox

epox Active Member

try unpluging the brake resevoir cables, if the light stays off while driving it may just the the cap sensor thats faulty
  8. Wizza

Wizza BÜBENGRÖPEN

Righteo mate! But why only when I turn right? lol

And what makes it even worse is I've just had the other half in the car whilst nipping out tonight and there were plenty of right turns yet not once did the warning light flash up...

STRANGE!!!
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013