1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worring posts.............

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by Mcgough, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    Why is it that ive seen lots of posts with people saying there cars have lost boost pressure at 100/110 or 125MPH is this a common fault as its happened to my 02 quattro! (standard)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Had this problem a couple of times on my Golf tdi, turns out to be the air mass meter each time. Currently on my third. I would guess it's a common component across the group.
  4. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    i wonder why no recall or better parts fitted!!

Surely this shouldnt happen!!
  5. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Nov 19, 2004]
    I had this on a A3 Tdi 130 quattro and it only happens if I bounce the engine off the limiter in a couple of gears. I have seen 142 mph on my Road Angel in Germany so its not an outright top speed thing on my car.

Rick
  6. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Nov 22, 2004]
    I would be interested in what they reckon after the stealer has looked at your car. If the overboost kicks in then its doing its job perhaps, rather than there being a fault.

Mine is Superchipped which does alter all the injection, fuelling and boost settings (so I believe). It only happens in 3rd-4th-5th if I accelerate really hard. Its not a top speed thing at all.

Switching off, waiting 10 seconds and restarting puts things back to normal.

Rick
  7. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

[Dec 8, 2004]
    Hi there anybody who is reading this i am currently talking to audi about major conserns i have read on this site over, poor workmanship, delay in service, costs involved in service, and AVS!

I will be putting up a post on which i would like any one to reply on with details of any of the above to which anyone has a consern over- and i will be passing a copy onto audi uk!! thanks and sorry to jump in the middle of a conversation!

see post in dealer discussion

thanks Mr Mc